Positions supervised: None
Rate of Pay $18.00 per hour. Full time.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Elders Care Coordinator will be responsible for assisting tribal seniors and the coordination of the
Elders Program activities, assist the Elder’s Committee in planning, coordination of events and
Specific Job Duties:
- Survey eligible seniors to determine special dietary needs to be considered by the program.
- Assist with the purchasing of food based on established grocery lists.
- If necessary, deliver hot meals to homebound seniors.
- Maintain a travel log of scheduled trips.
- Maintain a weekly record of hot meals
- Maintain inventory of the shelf stable meal and a weekly record of hot meals/shelf stable
- Submit hot meals/ Shelf Stable meal reports to the CIMC Elders Program Coordinator as
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of the caregiver program and provide
transportation to medical appointments.
- Survey participating seniors to determine their needs for information, referral, and caregiver
10 Maintain a record of information and referral services provided.
- Assist the Elder’s Committee in the planning and coordination of events and activities.
- General office duties assisting with food distribution and donation program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Tribal Administrator or Program Manager.
Experience and Education: One (1) Year related work experience demonstrating the knowledge and
abilities; and a high school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of service delivery programs available in the local area
• Knowledge of the needs of the seniors in the area and ability to obtain information from elders
about their needs pertaining to the Elders Program.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Ability to organize and maintain records and prepare reports
• Ability to present information on a one-on-one or small group basis
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to travel within the community as needed.
• Certificate in Safe Food Practices, CPR and Elder Abuse Training.
• Ability to assist disabled seniors in and out of vehicle for appointments.
• Strength and coordination to move items of 50lbs or more.
Minimum age of 21, a valid California driver license with excellent driving record, and pass background
Drug Free Workplace Act and Application:
The tribe requires you to submit to a pre-employment drug test. Preference given to qualified Native
American Indians under the Indian Preference Act. Please fill out a Tribal Employment Application and
submit to the Tribal Office by October 4th, 2021.