The Education Department has many Educational programs that are offered to all of our Tribal Members.
Offers financial assistance to eligible Tribal Members who are seeking a higher education and who have been accepted into a Community College or University.
- Tuition/ Fees: University -BA $1,000, Community- AA $500
- Books/ Supplies are $300 per semester - Community College
- Books/ Supplies are $500 per semester - University
- Transportation Costs $100 for full time students, $50.00 for part time students (monthly upon request, if funding is available)
Adult Vocational Assistance
Offers financial assistance to eligible Tribal Members who are accepted and attending a vocational training program, this also includes any certificate program that may be available.
- Tuition/ Fees ($500)
- Books/ Supplies ($300)
Adult Basic Education
Offers financial assistance to eligible Tribal Members who are seeking to obtain a GED or High School diploma. This program also includes assistance to Tribal Members who are looking to brush up on reading, writing and math skills.
Offers financial assistance to eligible Tribal Members who are seeking to obtain and/or retain permanent full-time employment.
Up to $500 per Tribal Member (within a Two (2) year period)
- Transportation Cost; this is for Gas or bus passes (not to exceed $150.00 per assistance)
- Subsistence - Assist with employment relocation (one time assistance)
- Supportive Services: Equipment/ Tools, Uniforms/Personal Appearance, Vehicle Maintenance, etc.
Tribal Youth K-12 Educational Assistance
Offers financial assistance in the amount of $500.00 per calendar year (Jan thru Dec) to all Tribal Members Kindergarten through 12th grade, who want to participate in activities related to extracurricular, recreational and educational programs.
- Shop fees/supplies
- P.E. Clothing
- Summer Camp
- Music Lessons from Professional Teacher (no family members)
- Music Equipment Rental
- School and Recreational Related Sports Fees
- School and Recreational Related Sports Equipment and Uniforms
- Sports Camps and Competitions
- Educational Outings (school related)
- School Related Club Fees
- Driving School
- Tux/ Gown Rental for Prom
- Transportation (to and from school when regular school bus service is not available)
- Tutoring (no family members)
- Pageant Participation
THE FOLLOWING SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE REPAYMENT GUIDELINES:
- School Supplies (up to $50.00) (paper, pencils, pens, calculators, etc.)
- School Clothes (up to $150.00) Jewelry, makeup, accessories and/or personal hygiene products are not allowable.
Graduating Seniors, juniors and 8th grade students can be funded for the following: (Included in the $500.00 allowance)
- Senior portraits (not to exceed $300.00)
- Graduation Cap, Gown and Invitations.
- High School exit exams and fees (Test Fee's (SAT & ACT's) - 11th & 12th graders.
- 8th grade Graduation: Cap, Gown, Invitations & Portraits (not to exceed $150.00)
The following ARE NOT FUNDED through the Extracurricular, Recreation and Education Activites Program.
- Sports Club Memberships
- Private School Costs (excludes school uniforms)
- School Pictures (except for graduation pictures)
Any questions regarding Education programs shall be referred to:
Donna Rodriguez, Program Manager
If you would like an Education application, you may either contact the Tribal Office or download them below.
|1. Donna Dominguez, Chair
||By Acc. 6/13/2010
||Term Expired 6/13/2013
|2. Frances Mejia, Secretary
||Term Expired 5/12/2014
|3. Dianna Dominguez, Member
||Term Expired 8/11/2014
|4. Robert Vaughan, Member
||Term Expired 5/12/2014
|5. Thomas Lozano, TC Appoint
||Term Expires 2/1/2013